Sunday, July 12, 2009

Disc Golf And Such...

Hello,
Welcome to the second installment of Pied Rant. The blog where we talk about whatever the hell we want.


In This Post
  • Disc Golf
  • Segregation and Hypocrites
  • Readers Response
  • Finishing Notes

"Disc golf
Disc golf (also called Frisbee Golf) is a disc game in which individual players throw a flying disc into a basket or at a target. According to the Professional Disc Golf Association, "The object of the game is to traverse a course from beginning to end in the fewest number of throws of the disc.""*

Disc golf is an extremely fun sport. To add on to what the object of the game is from above, You need to get from the start to the end, which is a "hole."
This is a very fun, and relatively cheap game to start out on. Disks cost anywhere from $8 to $40. If you are just looking to play for fun the cheap disks will work very well. I personally do not have a lot of experience in this sport, but the times I have, got me thinking that I need get my own disks and start playing more. It is a very fun, and addictive sport. Click Here for a site that I found has anything you would ever want to get started in this sport. I would suggest looking it up on Youtube and even googleing a place around your house to try it out! Lots of places have free courses!

So imagine this. You are at camp when you're young and once a week you get the chance to go swimming. That day finally comes but as soon as you get into the pool you are asked to leave because you are of a different race. That is exactly what happened to some kids camping in Philadelphia. Click Here for the story. Now I understand that people today are still racist, but the thing that really got me was that the club where the pool is advertises as having OPEN MEMBERSHIP. If you are going to only allow certain races in the pool do not declare open membership. That is just stupid and is just asking to be sued!

So as the readers response for now I want you to tell me what you think about that? Read through the story and just comment a mini blog to me on it.

Thank you anyone who is reading this and please remember to ask me questions in the comments! I need to get 7 a week from you all to answer in the blogs! Tomorrow I will be using the random question generator to do the first installment of that section. Comment or e-mail me (Link to contact information at the bottom of this post) any suggestions and comments about Pied Rant!

-Black Astral

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment