Monday, July 20, 2009

Serpensortia!

Hello,

In This Post
  • Sonshine
  • Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
  • Readers Response
So sonshine. This was a great time! Favorite concert was definitely Thousand Foot Krutch. Great band. I wish that Falling Up would have been there this year but for the last few years they have been unable to make it for some reason. It happens. Don't really wanna say much on the subject of this because it's more of a go experience it type of thing. If any of you ever get the chance to go to a large music festival such as Sonshine take the chance! It is a great time and very fun thing to do with friends!

During sonshine I went and saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Now, I am a huge fan of the books and The Half Blood Prince was my favorite out of them all. Because of this I expected to be dissapointed about this movie. I was very dissapointed as I expected, but that is because I was comparing it to the book. If you do that it always happens. It was a GREAT movie for sure. Here are a couple of things that annoyed me the most about the book to movie transition. SPOILER ALERT DON'T READ THE REST OF THIS PARAGRAPH IF YOU DON'T WANT IT SPOILED! The first thing that annoyed me was that Luna fixed Harry's nose. In the book Tonks did it. Now just that fact didn't annoy me it was the fact that they had several of the Order members (and others I believe) protecting the school, but they showed none of them in the movie. The second thing that annoyed me was that they never really told you that Ginny and Harry dated. They kiss once in the movie. In the book they have a longer relationship than what the movie gives you to think. Lastly, They didn't show the funeral. How could you skip Dumbledore's funeral!? Now of course there were more things that bothered me about the book to movie transition, but those are the top three.

Two questions today for the Readers Response. First is what did you think about the new Harry Potter movie? Second is what is your favorite Harry Potter Spell?

Thanks for reading and remember to comment and follow!

-Black Astral

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. You werent bothered by the complete lack of the final fight/chasing of Snape through the fight? that was my biggest peev.
    I was overall quite impressed by the movie. Mainly because they actually developed the characters in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha sonshine is amazing, and the movies was good, but i didnt read the book, so if i read it im sure i would be upset too haha

    ReplyDelete